So I am finally free & officially on summer. life has been a bit hectic lately. I ended school on a great note! Perfect way to end a good semester. 4 A's & 1 B! Now I can finally start preparing myself for DISNEY! Well somewhat..I still have to make it through my sales internship that I'm doing this summer but on a good note: In less than 65 days, I will be headed to Disney for 5 months! I cannot wait...I'm nervous, excited, all at the same time. Interning at Disneyworld is such an amazing opportunity. Now that summer is here, I can finally concentrate on my Disney dream. It's going to be an amazing adventure...my mom is arranging the flights so I can visit the parks & get everything I need before they leave me on August 9th. But for now, since I have a lot more time on my hands, I can finally get back to blogging about Disney!! :)
It's so nice to have free time again..
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Posted by Kristina Lee at 1:22 AM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
So school is ending in 3 weeks so it's crunch time..since i got the job at proflowers, i won't be able to update as much anymore..i have some great topics in mind but will have to get to them after i finish everything up!! :) Love you all
100 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY :)
Posted by Kristina Lee at 12:17 PM
Friday, April 16, 2010
So I was looking at all the personalized apparel that can be purchased at disney world..and came across Downtown Disney's Design A Tee. Curious to find out more I googled it and found that its a shop that will allow you to create personalized t-shirts within minutes. Here are the facts I found out about this shop from laughingplace.com:
- They have sizes for infants all the way up to 5x.
- Prices range from $18 to $31. The price is based only on the style, size and color of the shirt. Not the design
- There are 8 design kiosks separated into 4 stations of 2 each. Cast members are always on hand to help out.
- There are over 100 artwork choices, but there are currently no theme park images among them
- Text can be customized with a variety of type faces and colors. Plus you can choose straight-line or curved text.
- The ink used is water-based and environmentally friendly
- All printing is done backstage. You can't watch.
- The wait time for your shirt to be made can range from a few minutes to a few hours when the store is very busy.
- The store is operated by Disney. Hanes is a sponsor, not an operating participant.
Posted by Kristina Lee at 3:38 PM
I am way too excited for disney world..115 days!! I also will be making a trip to Disneyland on May 2!! I cannot wait!! It's going to be amazing! Anyways this post is about Disney Couture. I first starting seeing Disney couture in stores about 2 years ago starting in Macy's with their princess collection which I thought was absolutely adorable. I am hoping that somewhere in Disneyworld they will sell all of the pieces of Disney couture so I can collect it. I might start off my collection by getting a couple of pieces now to curb my excitement and remind me of disney. These are some of my favorite pieces below! I plan on buying the Dream a Wish bracelet right now :)
Kidada Disney Couture Platinum "Dream A Wish" Bracelet$48.00 EBAY
The Wonderful Thought Ring
Women's Jewelry By Disney Couture Jewelry
The Cinderella Braided Wrap Charm Bracelet & Headband
Women's Jewelry By Disney Couture Jewelry
''Enchanted Rose'' Beauty and the Beast Necklace by Disney Couture$59.95 Disneystore.com
Disney Couture Gold Plated Feather Bangle Bracelet
Posted by Kristina Lee at 9:51 AM
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
So after a long week of midterms..I'm back to daydreaming about DISNEY..i can't wait..now it's on to better things..i recently got a seasonal job with ProFlowers.com !! I'm excited.. I will only be working for 3 weeks during their mother's day season. But since I'm making money; i can now get back to buying some really cute clothing for work and the disney look!! I can't wait..So this post will be all about the PROFESSIONAL DISNEY LOOK. The guidelines to disney are:
To maintain the Disney image of excellence, clothing should be classic in style, clean, neatly pressed and fit properly. Clothing should not appear too tight, short in length, faded or in need of repair.Classic clothing, jewelry, accessories and shoes are simple, unexaggerated styles. A fashion classic is neither outdated nor a short-lived fad, but a timeless, yet current, look. Classic styles form the foundation of a versatile, coordinated wardrobe that delivers a polished presence and supports an image of excellence.
Business Attire for Women
- Professional options for women include dress pants with a classic style blouse or sweater, skirted or pants suit, dress with or without a jacket, and business-style walking shorts with a blouse and jacket or vest.
- A blazer or suit may be required at certain times, depending on your work location and the nature of your role. Check with your area leader for more information. Cotton twill pants (i.e., Dockers, khakis) are permitted only if they are neatly pressed, creased and appear to be professionally laundered.
- Non-costumed Cast Members are permitted to wear a short- or long-sleeved oxford-style dress shirt with property-specific embroidered logo. A blazer is optional.
- Clothing not permitted includes polo or golf style shirts (except for Sports & Recreation Cast), cargo-style pants, t-shirts, sundresses, sleeveless tops or dresses (without a jacket), capri pants, leggings, casual shorts, wrap-around shorts, one-piece rompers and garments made of denim fabrics.
- Winter jackets and coats should also present a professional appearance and should be made of fabrics traditionally acceptable in business. For example, wool, leather and microfiber offer good choices. Denim, nylon satin and other casual fabrics would not meet these professional guidelines.
Dress and skirt lengths may range from three inches (7.6 cm) above the top of the kneecap bone to the bottom of the ankle. The length of shorts should be from the top of the kneecap bone to three inches (7.6 cm) above the top of the kneecap bone. Slits in skirts, kick pleats and buttoned or snapped closures should not exceed five inches (12.7 cm) above the middle of the knee. Pants should be long enough to touch the bottom of the ankle.
Fabrics and Patterns Fabrics should be those traditionally acceptable for business such as tweed, wool, cotton, polyester, silk, linen, rayon or blends of these fibers. Unacceptable fabrics include spandex, gauze, metallic fabrics, sheer fabrics, clinging knits, denim and chambray.
Patterns that are large graphics, large company and non-company logos, and styles or patterns that suggest extremely casual sportswear are not permitted.
Wheew..that's a lot to know for disney..I thought it would be really hard to make business clothing cute and acceptable but lately I have been expanding where I usually shop to find CUTE business clothing..and i have finally succeeded in finding the "cute" Disney professional look!! I have included where I have gotten all of the clothing as well!!
At first I was a little hesitant to look here just because my mom shops here, but the outfits they have online are stylish and professional. It's a little pricey but I'm sure mixing and matching some pieces will give you great outfits. I absolutely adore these looks!!
2. Banana Republic
Banana Republic is known for their business attire. Again, business attire seems to come at a cost but feeling stylish and confident will be sure to add to yourself when you are networking! Banana Republic is a perfect example of what the Disney guidelines are.
3. New York & Company
They are currently having a sale on some of their clothing. It's buy one get one 50% off. They have really great separates here. I would use this website to buy a couple pieces. For example their 7th avenue bootcut pants are a great steal compared to some other sites I've looked at!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Posted by Kristina Lee at 12:36 PM
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Since I haven't done a introduction post.. i think that it's time.
My name is Kristie and I am california born and raised. I've lived in california my whole life & it's amazing. i spent most of my life in northern california but for college I decided to go to San Diego State to have a change of pace. i absolutely love southern california, mostly because i love warm weather..i feel as if i thrive off the sun's energy...i have lots of energy and i always like to be out & about. i have a really hard time sitting still..my friends mean the world to me..i've made some great friends and i cherish each and every one of them for the happiness they bring to my life. i wouldn't be the same without them. one big thing to know about me is im absolutely Disney obsessed. It's my dream to have a career with Disney in the future..but i'll see how that goes..another thing to know about me is that i am extremely hardworking and dedicated to whatever i do in life..if i have a passion for something, there's really no stopping me! i like living in the moment and doing whatever i please..i've come to the conclusion that life is exactly what you make it..so ive committed myself to doing everything i can ever dream of doing..oh and i love dancing in the rain =]
i realized that's a long paragraph so me in a nutshell
1. Your name?: Kristie
2. Are you legal (over 21)?: No.. I will be turning 20 on august 14 though =]
3. Male or female?: female
4. Gay, straight, bi (optional): straight
5. Where do you live?: California, So Cal/ Nor cal
6. What role will you have at Disney?: Merchandise!
7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: 8/9-1/7!!
8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Vista
9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: Doesn't matter to me.. i currently live with 33 girls so I can live with just about anyone =]
10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: Yes I do..hosting them depends on my roommates and how they feel about it..i dont mind either way
11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?:
favorite food..i have a lot..i can cook decently..lots of pasta haha
12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?:
positive outgoing bubbly
13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I like all types of music..techno, rock, alternative, r&b, movie wise...im not a fan of scary but i like comedy romance
14. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: not a smoker!
15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): socially.
16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: a mix of both
17. Are you driving or flying down?: flying
18. What do you do for fun?: hang out with friends, shop, go to the beach, find something fun to do, go out
19. What is your favorite quote?: "Everything happens for a reason"
20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: To learn more about disney..basically being in WDW and apart of the disney magic!
21. Favorite things to do when not working: being with friends, catching up with friends, going out, exploring!
22. Name one good quality about yourself: Fun
23. Name one bad quality about yourself: Scheduling.. I live by my schedule
24: Your college: San Diego State University
25: Your major: Marketing
26. Any medical conditions (optional): I'm allergic to peanuts
27. Are you messy/tidy?: A mix of both.. I can get messy but then I'll start to clean up
28. Anything else you want to state: I love to have fun and smile.. and i can't wait to meet everyone
29. Favorite Disney movie? ahh hard..but lion king
30. How many times have you been to Disney? Disneyland too many times to count because im an annual passholder but disneyworld just once!
31. Favorite park? Disneyland =]
32. Favorite ride? Space Mountain
33. Favorite show? Electric Parade
34. Favorite resort? Disneyland
35. Favorite dining? love the turkey legs..but rainforest cafe <3 or the pizza place next to space mountain!
36. Favorite character? Kovu from lion king 2.. my dog is named after him!
37. I prefer to sleep in a room that has: roommates!!
38. I like to go to bed:whenever i feel i need to passout
39. I sleep better when the room is: ?
40. I would prefer to sleep in a room that is: somewhat quiet..i can deal with lots of noise though
41. I would prefer guests: respect my space and my roommates space! no stealing!!
42. I absolutely could not live with a roommate that: disrespects me, steals, lies, ect
43. Do you snore: sometimes =]
44. On your day off..what time would you wake up: depends..sometimes sleep in..but i'd love to wake up early with some friends and go explore all of Disney!
Posted by Kristina Lee at 11:12 PM